Patio Layout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about taking up an old concrete slab patio and replacing with more modern sandstone apperance slabs. Is there a site that offers a tool there if i enter my garden dimensions with will work out how many i need and display the layout with a combination of 600x600mm, 600x300mm & 300x300mm slabs? or can someone advise the best layout for this combination of slab sizes?

Sponsored Links
If I recall, Stonemarket's site has one. They certainly have suggested layouts for repeating patterns.

Bradstone have one on their site but i find it easier to do my own design on a large sheet of paper. First draw draw outline to scale then get about 4 sheets of a4 together and mark out slab sizes then cut them out with scissors (getting 4 scale slabs per cut) then lay them out as a jigsaw puzzle and mess about untill you get a design that you like.
Most of these programes seem to put slabs of the same sizes next to each other which i find defeats the whole objective of a random pattern also if you dont like the pattern my method is simple to change, unlike drawing a pattern which is a pain to change and can get confussing. I am probably a bit fussy but thats how i do it.
Would also recomend if possible to use at least 5 different sizes ;)

Sponsored Links
tudor pattern always looks nice with those sizes and breaks up the pattern to the eye quite well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back