Patio wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Could anybody advise me on the best temporary solution for a wobbly wall.
While sweeping the patio, a section of the wall literally fell into the garden.(pic 2) Iv attached a cot side for now, as I have 2small children. But i have noticed that the rest of the wall wobbles when lent on.
Is there anything I can do to make it a bit safer until lockdown is over? The wall is roughly 6ft from the garden side.
Many thanks

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/albums/patio-wall.27033/#ixzz6KESPez8X

Sponsored Links
The wall is over 30 years old and will definitely be replaced.
However, due to being in lockdown I’m unable to get a tradesperson in.
I was hoping for a possible temporary solution.
Many thanks

You either fence off around it with a gap between the wall and the fence, so that it can fail 'safely' or prop it with timbers or similar. Or both. Or don't let your kids in the garden.

eg
wooden-buttressing-supporting-an-unstable-wall-st-michaels-churchyard-DY8ET6.jpg

Sponsored Links
Dunno if it would be safer if you just knocked it down now, even if just the bits that are loose?

These garden blocks are inherently un stable, my inclination would be to knock down the rest of the wall that has failed, especially if the remnants are "Moving"

As an added potential problem, is the higher area of wall still stable? if it moves at all, then ban everyone from the patio and the area on the other side of the higher wall.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back