Patio work in the winter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our house has loose paving slabs (sand etc appears to have washed away/aged) on a lot (most of) the patio. Is it ok to get this fixed in the winter? Or should we wait till the weather is better before having people come round and quote for the work?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
wait till the spring and dry warm weather.trying to repoint in wet conditions will result in smudged slabs.

get them to come around and quote now and tell them when you want the work done. most decent landscapers will get booked up quickly and if you leave it into the spring you will be waitingf a while to get it done.

id use a abuilder not a landscaper myself.but then im a builder hehe but builders use cement/sand daily ,not sure landscapers do.

Sponsored Links
ive seen patios, decks and driveways some builders have laid/built and many of them leave a lot to be desired. We do paving on a very regular basis as do a lot of landscapers. Id put mine up against a builder any day

hi

there's no problem re-laying paving this time of year as long as its not freezing and any pointing is done when its dry.

as said get it done sooner rather than later as paving company's like mine are rushed off there feet from march onwards and im pretty booked up now but the weather is not suitable atm.

hth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back