I've used the wrong sand for laying my patio. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
duplicate thread. See "Building"
I've just spent the weekend laying a 9m2, 600x600x20mm slab patio, along with a 5 meter pathway. It was my first time taking on a landscaping project like this.

When purchasing the materials, I bought kiln dried paving sand from Wickes. I read that it was 'suitable for block paving and patio slab joints', which made me believe it was the right sand for laying the pavers on.

I've just come to realise this isn't the case, and I should have used sharp sand, which I thought was only to be used when creating concrete.

That being said, the patio does feel firm. There are about 45 tiles laid, and only two of them feel a bit loose.

What would you advise? Obviously, I don't want to pull the whole patio up, but I am concerned about potential issues further down the line having not used the right sand for laying the pavers on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back