PATS code 1:5 after battery change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help?

Ford Focus 2.0l Ghia
Diesel
52 Reg

My car started to have trouble starting (intermittently), then shortly after I found the battery had died.

I changed the battery this morning and now the car will not start at all. the PATS light flashes intensively and I have found it will eventually give me an error code. the error code is 1:5 (1 flash - pause - 5 flashes)

I have researched this code and it tells me the PATS system does not recognise the key. My push button fob key

I tried a different key, the normal key (it has a blue square in the corner) I assume this is a master key?

This gives me exactly the same fault.

Is there any way of resetting this? could it be a different fault and the code is mis-leading?

I have found plenty of help in programming a new key but it says to use the master keys mentioned above to do it. I also find it hard to believe that 2 keys could go faulty at the same time

I'm stuck, any help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Gary

Sponsored Links
great information thanks. it seems good for programming a new key but not explaining why my master doesn't work

Sponsored Links
I don't think they have a master key as such at that age, the older fords had a red key for this.
I know you need two working keys to program a third key but doesn't really help the original poster. I think the only way forward is maybe drop the new battery off overnight and try again, failing that it is a trip to Mr Ford (hope you have deep pockets!)

Back