Pattern with 100mm tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering using 100mm x 100mm kitchen tiles. I have seen three colour combinations (three shades of brown) in this size. Now that I’m thinking about using these tiles, I can’t seem to think how the pattern will follow without same colour being next to each other?

Has anyone used these before? How does the pattern follows?

Sponsored Links
Not exactly an answer but it might give you some ideas :

When I was looking for kitchen tiles one of my local places were doing those 300mmx300mm mosaic tiles (those small tiles stuck on a flexible mat), in black, red and chrome silver that I really liked the look of, but not the price or the idea of grouting half a billion 20mm square tiles.

So I took a picture of the tile on my mobile phone and used it to replicate the pattern in standard 100mm square black, red and pale grey tiles (have since found the polished steel tile covers, after I've finished everything).

My pattern as such is largely black with the reds and a few grays thrown in. I think if you try and to a pattern where no two touching tiles are identical you'll wind up with tiger stripes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back