Pavement parking committee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
If I, as the object of persistent trolls

download (3).jpeg

If I, as the object of persistent trolls, have my response deleted, then it only encourages the trolls to persist, with the safe knowledge that any embarrassing response to their petty trolling will be deleted, and my access to the thread will be restricted.
It's not a "I'm a victim" message, it's a "what extraordinary biased moderating" message, showing deliberate favoritism to the trolls.
It's not biased mods at work, it's mods who have had enough of your never-ending nonsense. It's the same all the time, you come on here, you troll, you drag the place down with your insults and weird outlook, drive people away, you then get banned and you come back under another username to do it all over again. Why is it over the years that you never get the message? Why after all these years do you still think you're a victim and not take into account any of your own awful behaviour? And the thing I cannot understand is why you do this over and over again in a forum where you obviously are not welcome or even liked not one iota. Are you a masochist or just plain idiotic with no life?

Sponsored Links
Then how come you are still allowed to post.
You are the worst offender for abusive posts. You constantly and persistently distort other's comments, (see recent examples in new thread if it's allowed to remain)
You make repeated and unsupported allegations.
Yet you are allowed to continue with your abuse unhindered.

There is, of course, one real and obvious difference.
You openly support racism, you are highly critical of anyone objecting to racism.
I, on the other hand, am not abusive but I am highly critical of the racist messages and the racist posters.

On that point, and that point only, I am threatened with account deletion.

Notch is never abusive.. He just puts you right for highlights the sh!t stiring you come out with

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway - back to the plot, I lived in a road which went through the following stages.

1. People illegally parked with 2 wheels on the pavement, (most times having the sense to leave enough space for pedestrians, buggies, wheelchairs etc) because if you didn't then there'd be no way for emergency vehicles, delivery lorries, refuse lorries etc to get down. Using the garages we had wasn't an option as they built the houses too close together to get cars down, so it was street/pavement or dig up your front garden.
  2. Council parking enforcers started ticketing people for footway parking so we got up a petition asking for an exemption. The council gave us a temporary one until the matter could be discussed at the appropriate committee meeting.
  3. That "temporary" position lasted for several years.
  4. The council then introduced a residents parking scheme with the bays, you've guessed it, partly in the road and partly on the pavement.
  5. So accompanied by zero change in infrastructure apart from loads of signs, ticket machines for non-resident parking in a few places, and white lines, we went from it being an offence to park how we did to it being allowed as a money-making venture for the council.

People illegally parked with 2 wheels on the pavement, (most times having the sense to leave enough space for pedestrians, buggies, wheelchairs etc) because if you didn't then there'd be no way for emergency vehicles, delivery lorries, refuse lorries etc to get down.
If you can't park without mounting the pavement, then don't park there. Basically, this restricts parking on many streets to one side only.
This is so because the streets were not designed with car ownership in mind.

If you can't park without mounting the pavement, then don't park there. Basically, this restricts parking on many streets to one side only.
So in the road I mentioned should people have refused to use the residents parking permits which they'd paid for?

How far away from their houses should they have parked - half a mile? 1 mile?

This is so because the streets were not designed with car ownership in mind.
Nor house spacing to access the houses' garages.

What about double-yellow-lines abuses? Some think it's acceptable to park on them if you put your hazard lights on. Some think it's acceptable to park a car entirely on the pavement where there are double yellow lines.

Then there are double-yellow-lines abuses around mosques, but I'd better not mention that.

What about double-yellow-lines abuses? Some think it's acceptable to park on them if you put your hazard lights on. Some think it's acceptable to park a car entirely on the pavement where there are double yellow lines.

Then there are double-yellow-lines abuses around mosques, but I'd better not mention that.
Gotta laugh at the zig zags avoiders outside schools and colleges,they just park completely on the path instead!ferkin idiots

Aformentioned idiot is now parked at the end of the parking area (just lines on a main road) facing oncoming traffic.
2 cars have been totalled there in recent years, mine was damaged to the tune of £3k and it was 3 cars further down (others were shunted).

Directly behind his oncoming facing car is his prize motorbike.
I hope both are taken out in 1 smash :)

All this parking caper could well be solved in the next 5 years if them protesters get there way

There won't be any cars to cause any parking issues

How far away from their houses should they have parked - half a mile? 1 mile?
Maybe.
In the smoke you can never guarantee a parking space full stop, never mind the luxury of one outside your house. Surely if you wanted that, you wouldn't have bought property there?
Or, you would rent a garage and/ or use public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back