PAVING BLOCK TOWERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have built 4 towers in order to mount a gazebo on top so that I can raise its height to give clearance above a kids trampoline. I have used ordinary mortar to hold the blocks together but after 5 days of leaving it the towers just fall apart.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
What mix did you use for the mortar?

What was the temperature when you were building, and overnight afterwards?

i assume you mean block paviors? you wont get a decent bond as they have no frog, which means that there is very little mortar between the joints to hold them together. youd be better off using bricks

I agree with Thermo, you need blocks with a 'key' to enable good adhesion. However, xerxes is right to ask what your mix was and the ambient temp as they will both have an effect on adhesion and indeed whether the mortar actually 'goes off' at all.

On a separate note, you have:
built 4 towers in order to mount a gazebo on top so that I can raise its height to give clearance above:eek: a kids trampoline.
Point One, don't you think that's gonna be a bit high? Point Two, Do you think there's a chance that it might.... look ridiculous? Point three, I hope the kids don't bounce too high! Sore Heads!

Sponsored Links
There is no problem with adhesion using block pavers and mortar. Similar smooth, non-frogged concrete bricks are available for house building

However, these piers are going to be way too high if they are simply 200x200 wide, and will flex and crack on that basis alone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back