Paving Question, how much sand for 10m2 of paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As title, extending the patio quite a bit, it is about 10m2 or so of mixed sizes Sandstone paving, approx 50-60mm from final surface to the current ground level. I am guessing it is possibly going to justify buying a 1m3 bag of sand? I am sure I will manage to make a better job of it than the caravan dweller that did the first part, 20-30mm between slabs, uneven fall, the ones next to the wall have about 2mm gap to try and squeeze the grout into etc. One step at the end even has a reverse fall into the corner against the wall of the house! 600 deep step and about 20mm lower at back edge than front edge.

So how much sand and cement am I likely to need please?

Sponsored Links
One bulk bag will be close , wet mix use plasticiser and PVA with a full bed.
Brick laying wet not damp like the post earlier you commented on

The brick laying problem was it was either 12:1 sand:cement, or he just carried on with stuff that had gone off, either way the mortar was like apple crumble topping.

I will order in a bag and most of the cement, not all as I dont have enough room in the dry for much cement.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back