Paving Quotations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've received two quotations for the following work;

Had an extension built, I've currently lifted the existing paving slabs, dug out an existing lawn area and loose laid the paving to make sure it fits ok, and now require my existing slabs re-bedded properly in a full screed / mortar bed on either a concrete / hardcore base, then pointed with mortar.

Quotation 1 - £400:00.
Quotation 2 - £820:00.

The quotes seem high to me, especially number 2 !

Is it fair to expect the work to be done satisfactory for less than £400:00 ? Also some people have told me we must have 100mm hardcore, whilst others have said no need just bed the slabs on a solid mortar bed on a concrete base, total thickness 100mm.

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What type of paving is it? Natural stone? wet cast? pressed concrete? all require different techniques, have you dug out enough to include for a sub-base? are you supplying and compacting this or is that included in the quote?

How is the access?

So many variables mean getting quotes is the simplest way as merlin suggested? But make sure to compare like for like quotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back