Paving slabs don’t match

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post here looking for a bit of advice.

A few weeks ago I bought some “natural smooth paving slabs” 600x600x50 from a local dealer manufactured by wyresdale for a new patio project (my first ever one)

Having ran out and needed some more, I ordered some. Due a mess up in the order I received 600x600x40 instead of 600x600x50. I didn’t think this was a problem as I’d just build my base up to match.

However, after laying my first one of the new batch down it is completely different shade to the originals. The stockist I bought it off said It’s due to “sunlight and weathering” but the original ones didn’t look like this out of the pack.

photos:

https://m.imgur.com/a/Fc9sS7E

As I’m new to this stuff what are people’s thoughts? Is this normal? Do I have a right for them to replace them? (Who’s to say the next batch won’t be the same however) or will they eventually matchup due to “weathering and sunlight” like the stockist suggest?

Sponsored Links
You should always buy enough to start with to avoid this problem. You've hit the nail squarely on the head as you've realised the next batch could be even less of a match.

You can always highlight the error as you received thinner pavers. It is unfortunate you decided to fit them anyway which I would suggest will make it difficult to build a case. Personally I would order the thicker ones and take a chance. Only appears to be 4 you need anyway?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back