Paving slabs with hard core

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I am in the midst of a garage build, and I know that for hard core one should use rubble that is around >= 20mm. What about concrete paving slabs? I've got quite a lot intact ones (350mm x 350mm x 10mm) sitting around, and it'll be a bit of a waste if I have to dispose of them. I was thinking of using them intact along with hardcore to fill in the gaps to make a nice flat base.

Yay or nay?

Sponsored Links
You'd have to break them up quite a bit first because you need the hardcore to all lock together without big voids. I tried that with some bricks from a wall and quickly changed my mind due to the effort.

Hmm, did you try spacing the bricks out? and were they intact or already a little broken/jagged ?

What's the rational behind hardcore anyway ?

Sponsored Links
As long as your have enough depth either below or ontop and they are fully supported you wont have a problem.

did you try spacing the bricks out?
If you use bricks space them out and fill the gaps with 2" down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back