PAYGo v contract phone for CCTV monitoring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Ever since I began to use mobile phones it was always Pay As You Go.

I am guessing that, that will not be suitable to monitor CCTV, and that I may need to go on a contract basis.

Any advice on this, please?.

Sponsored Links
What do want to monitor ?
Your home cctv system on your mobile remotely?
Camera with data sim ?
Contract phones have data allowance
Pay as go ,you pay data used.

Giff Gaff do some good deals, but it depends on what you are trying to do?

Hello,

Ever since I began to use mobile phones it was always Pay As You Go.

I was the same, but the sim only contracts are so good and cheap now...

I have unlimited free calls and texts plus 4Gb data per month for £6. That makes it cheaper to have that, than paying for just unlimited landline calls, so I just use mobile only now.

Sponsored Links
I was the same, but the sim only contracts are so good and cheap now...

I have unlimited free calls and texts plus 4Gb data per month for £6. That makes it cheaper to have that, than paying for just unlimited landline calls, so I just use mobile only now.
Same here. As I'm not up my workshop much these days I've cancelled the broadband contract and just use my phone as a hotspot for the Desktop PC and firestick on the TV. I have 12Gb for £6. I wouldn't know how to connect a SIM card operated device to my cctv setup though.

Some cctv systems have built in or plug in modules to send texts to a phone.
Don’t know how they would send live pictures unless they rely on the text switching the “send data” on either by the owner responding to text or possibly a timed interval?

Don’t know how they would send live pictures unless they rely on the text switching the “send data” on either by the owner responding to text or possibly a timed interval?

I set it up as a trial a few years ago - it was a matter of connecting to the port of the cam, using a browser - but needed a DMZ port to be set up through to the cameras IP.

Camera sent an email - easy to set up, then you looked at the live pictures from home, sat in the caravan 100 miles away

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back