pc does nothing when i switch on?

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi This morning when i switched the pc on it started to open and then just as it reached the stage of loading you settings it froze and i had to switch off and when i restart nothing happens i have tried this a few times. This happened in may and i changed the power supply and it has been working ok.Is this power supply problem again? Last one was a new one. Is there any way to check power supply? and help advise will be appreciated. Thanking in advance

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply kevplum. Yes i tried what you suggested but no luck.Will appreciate if any body can advise how to check power supply.
what connecters to check and what output voltage is required.

What is the computer make and model and also what make and model of power supply did you fit?

Sponsored Links
computer make is "spire" which had hec atx power supply which got faulty last may and i replaced this with IDENTICAL atx power supply hec-300AR-PTF. Since may the pc has been working ok. Until this morning.

thank you Wanlag for very useful information. For the benefit of somebody else having similar problem. On my PSU i had to check with multimeter pin 9 which was purple colour and this should have 5 vdc out. (You need to check with ac power on to psu on)
thanks all for help

Probably get replacement psu on warranty.....a little worrying if this one has gone this quickly. Is it a sealed unit ? if not does it have an internal fuse ?

No this is not a sealed unit! yes there is a fuse inside. have sent it back under warranty. Thanks for ur help.
ih

No this is not a sealed unit! yes there is a fuse inside. have sent it back under warranty. Thanks for ur help.
ih
Presuming you checked the fuse first as that wont be covered under the warranty

yes i did check the fuse. Thanks for the thought.

Sponsored Links
Back