PC wont boot

Talking of bicycles, it's good to see you're still riding yours Softus.
40067902.JPG

Sponsored Links
To regain some sanity...

The product key contained in that file is purely an example. The clue is in the text at the top of the file

From the Seagate site
How Long Does The Coverage Last? Our warranty periods are 1 year, 2 years, 3 years or 5 years from the documented date of purchase, depending on the type of product and where it was purchased.

Also, Seagate merged with Maxtor in 2006.

The product key contained in that file is purely an example.
Hm. I thought I'd already pointed that out, Igorian, but perhaps they weren't listening.

From the Seagate site
How Long Does The Coverage Last? Our warranty periods are 1 year, 2 years, 3 years or 5 years from the documented date of purchase, depending on the type of product and where it was purchased.
I thought I'd already pointed that out too.

Also, Seagate merged with Maxtor in 2006.
Wasn't it that Seagate liked the product so much that they bought the company?

Kiam.jpg

Sponsored Links
So, to recap....

try going to the XP windows disc, open the directory I386 and look for the file UNATTEND and read it.... the key is there.
Please explain, for the benefit of the people you think don't know, the purpose of the key in that file, and what relevance it has to the original poster's problem.

...and stop getting cocky and answering with smart a***d comments until all you facts are right.
Please show me which facts you think I've got wrong.

1) You don't need to know the purpose or reason why the key is in that file, but now you know there is a key there, if you should have a copy of the disc without the key, there is somewhere to find one, just trying to be helpful, but you wouldn't know what was would you.

2) From your file:

Softus

from United Kingdom

Posts: 16811 ----------------There must be loads of facts that are not right amongst this lot but unlike you I have better things to do in life than keeping up this bickering.....

THE END.

Softus said:
Hm. I thought I'd already pointed that out, Igorian, but perhaps they weren't listening.

I'm currently contracting for the BBC, so I thought i'd throw in a couple of repeats. :D

I'm currently contracting for the BBC, so I thought i'd throw in a couple of repeats. :D
:D

In hindsight it was worth doing - it still hasn't sunk in for them though, as evidenced by the following:

1) You don't need to know the purpose or reason why the key is in that file
I wasn't asking because I didn't know - I already knew the purpose.

I was asking you what you think the purpose is, in order to reveal that you don't know.

...but now you know there is a key there
I knew there was a key there within a few weeks of Microsoft putting it there. In case you still haven't cottoned on to what's happening here, we're in the arena of you not knowing things.

if you should have a copy of the disc without the key, there is somewhere to find one
And what do you think will be the effect of using a key that is present on every distribution CD for that edition?

Just to be clear on this point, I'm asking you not because I don't know, but because you don't know.

just trying to be helpful, but you wouldn't know what was would you.
Leaving aside yet another grammatical foot-shooting on your part, I don't see it as very helpful to give inaccurate, false, or pointless information.

There must be loads of facts that are not right amongst this lot
I believe that there are three, and I know which three posts contained the errors.

I have better things to do in life than keeping up this bickering.
We're not bickering - we're just finding out how little you know. :D

Jheeze guys give it a rest, it’ getting a bit boring :rolleyes: You’ve frightened off the OP so, presumably, he either got his free copy of an O/S disc or gave up trying; why not create/hijack another thread where you can all have a dig at each other! :LOL:

It's time for another recap....

I said:
try going to the XP windows disc, open the directory I386 and look for the file UNATTEND and read it.... the key is there.
Please explain, for the benefit of the people you think don't know, the purpose of the key in that file, and what relevance it has to the original poster's problem.
tumbleweed.gif

I said:
...and stop getting cocky and answering with smart a***d comments until all you facts are right.
Please show me which facts you think I've got wrong.
tumbleweed.gif

Sponsored Links
Back