PE-X BARRIER PIPE use on central heating????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

can anyone give me any info on the use of pe-x pipe on the rad runs.

i'm looking to re route all the rad pipes that are currently running all over the flat in white trunking.

i want to place either behind skirting or inside walls to hide pipes.

i have a mate who does property maintenance for a landlord and has used pe-x pipe for years and says had no issues but i'm a little apprehensive as to expansion and those push fit fitting.

any horror stories out there that i need to consider

cheers

Sponsored Links
Done properly it is not a problem.

Recently I had to fit six new rads in an extension.

The builder put in some pipework and after he had covered it with screwed down ply I tested it and there was a leak because he had not pushed the pipe far enough into the fitting.

But I don't like plastic. But in that house it was essential because of the size and restrictions and because it was all to be covered with engineered flooring. My rule is not to have any connections under the floor as far as possible.

You can get skirting boards with hollowed out back to hide pipes.

Tony

10mm PE-X clipped to the wall and pull out behind the center of the rad.
Then pull the 10mm down to the rad valves and use Drayton elbows/pegler elbows.
No pipes in sight!

thanks for the replies

i'm a bit concerned about plastic pipes but looking into it it seems to be used alot now, my mate swears by it and dont use copper at all now.

never considered using 10mm i'd be concerned about flow restriction but would solve the visible pipe issues alot easier

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back