Pe-x coil pipe/Forroli 26he combi boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm replacing my central heating system, kitchen and bathroom, so I'm replacing much of the plumbing also. A local supplier is pushing the Ferroli 26 HE combi boilers,, are there any views within the trade on how good/bad these boilers are.? Also, what's the general view in the trade of the Pe-x coiled pipe for domestic central heating/plumbing as opposed to copper.? I know the install will be quicker, and I like the idea of fewer joints and sweeping bends for less resistance, but are there major disadvantages of using this type of pipe as opposed to copper tube?

And finally, I'm thinking of using TRV corner rad valves, any views on this type of valve.?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of using TRV corner rad valves, any views on this type of valve.?

Thanks in advance for any comments.
I'd like to know what one ois
Do you mean TRVs with push-fit elbows?

PEGLER-terrier-ll-pushfit-trv-elbow-15mm.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
those valves are ok, just make sure you get decent ones. I think Danfoss are the only recognised brand that make a trv version at the moment. Most of the ones on that link are cheap nasty cack, just like your boiler suggestion

those valves are ok, just make sure you get decent ones. I think Danfoss are the only recognised brand that make a trv version at the moment. Most of the ones on that link are cheap nasty cack, just like your boiler suggestion

Thanx,

I'll checkout danfoss valves.

And thanks for you comments on the boiler, tho it wasn't my suggestion, it was the suppliers suggestion, hence my inquiry here.

What boiler do you favour..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back