FloPlast PE-X Barrier Pipe 15mm x 25m White

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
FloPlast PE-X Barrier Pipe 15mm x 25m White

I am considering using the above pipe to connect an external cold water mains tap to the existing 15mm copper installation. I would use a take off from the mains using a self cutting tap with check valve connection and make all the joints using standard brass connectors
I have read up about the FloPlast pipe and some people appear to have had trouble with it. As Screwfix are offering 25M for £16.99, it is attractive to me, but are there any known problems with this pipe and when using brass compression fittings. Should I use pipe inserts when connecting the pipe to brass fittings? Are there any other problems or tips that I should be aware of.

Thanks for any help, as these are difficult times and I would appreciate any advise as I am a learner in plumbing.

Sponsored Links
Yes, inserts must be used. You must also cut the pipe using the proper pipe cutter.

For compression fittings, use copper olives as they are softer than brass ones, and don't overtighten the joints.

Yes, inserts must be used. You must also cut the pipe using the proper pipe cutter.

For compression fittings, use copper olives as they are softer than brass ones, and don't overtighten the joints.

Thanks Flameport for your reply, much appreciated.

What is your opinion on the use of FloPlast PE-X Barrier Pipe together with brass fittings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back