Peach tree.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi .i had planted dwarf peach tree last year in my garden togather with pear tree.pear tree is doing very well but peach tree has got leaf curl problem.i have got special spray for it but makes no difference.as soon leaves apear they curl.i am thinking of getting rid of it.any help please.

Sponsored Links
I found you have to spray them several times a year to keep on top of it. You need a systemic fungicidal spray that is absorbed into the leaf, not an old-fashioned copper one which only protects by leaving a film that prevents new spores growing where they touch the film.

You need to spray just before the leaves open, then again when they are out, and again just before there are any further signs of infection.

If you keep on top of it for a couple of years the amount of spores will reduce so it will not get infected so quickly.

If you can protect it from rain, for example under a pergola roof, it is supposed to prevent the spores washing onto the new leaves.

You will probably end up digging it out.

The ingredients of garden fungicides change every few years so I don't know what currently a good one for food crops. If you are not planning to eat the fruit (you will be lucky to get any) you can use a spray for ornamentals, there are more available that for food crops.

Thank you for your reply.i have got this spray you mentioned.sprayed beginning ow leaves opening.oing to spray once more may be tomorow weather permitting.all other fruit trees are perfact only this one.i would keep spraying till next year.if it is not cured then it could be dug out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back