Peak hourly gas load

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, I need to supply cadent gas with the peak hourly gas load and yearly estimate for a new connection for my business. The only gas appliance I will be using is a gas burner rated at 130 kw about 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and about 48 weeks of the year. Can anyone help???
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Isn't it just basic maths?

Peak load =130kW

Annual consumption = 130 x 2 x 5 x 48 = 62400 kWh (Assuming the appliance runs flat out all the time it is on.)

Morning, I need to supply cadent gas with the peak hourly gas load and yearly estimate for a new connection for my business. The only gas appliance I will be using is a gas burner rated at 130 kw about 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and about 48 weeks of the year. Can anyone help???
Thanks.
Using a safe burner efficiency 90%, I make peak demand 13m3/h. If it's on flat out for the time given, it comes to about 6300m3/year. But if it's for space heating it's unlikely to be on 48 weeks of the year. Actual yearly consumption something like half that, I would guess.

Peak load =130kW

Annual consumption = 130 x 2 x 5 x 48 = 62400 kWh (Assuming the appliance runs flat out all the time it is on.)

But it is hardly likely to be. The OP is running a business, so hopefully he would do the basic maths.
And the load will probably be required in M3,as per Dixit

So a bit of a PP.

OP: What is the burner for?
I would guess that the peak load us required to ensure a big enough meter. (I think) The annual load will be for Tarrif purposes, and to determine whether your supply will be interruptible. So the important factor us peak load

Sponsored Links

Peak load =130kW

For a start, the input kW (which relates to gas consumption) = output/boiler efficiency

The only gas appliance I will be using is a gas burner rated at 130 kw about 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and about 48 weeks of the year.
That doesn't sound like a space heater to me; more likely an industrial process.

That doesn't sound like a space heater to me; more likely an industrial process.

You are probably correct. But, although I do not do Industrial, I think it would be unusual for any modern burner not to have some form of modulation or thermostatic vontrol

But it is hardly likely to be. The OP is running a business, so hopefully he would do the basic maths.
And the load will probably be required in M3,as per Dixit

So a bit of a PP.

OP: What is the burner for?
I would guess that the peak load us required to ensure a big enough meter. (I think) The annual load will be for Tarrif purposes, and to determine whether your supply will be interruptible. So the important factor us peak load

It’s the burner for a spraybooth. So it will only be on a bake cycle for 2-3 hours per day.

I thought it might be basic maths but just wanted to be sure so that I don’t get charged too much for the wrong meter and fitment.

So which is the correct one I need to submit??

Thanks for all the replies.

It’s the burner for a spraybooth. So it will only be on a bake cycle for 2-3 hours per day.

I thought it might be basic maths but just wanted to be sure so that I don’t get charged too much for the wrong meter and fitment.

So which is the correct one I need to submit??

Thanks for all the replies.
The peak gas flow is still as I said in #3. You probably have a better idea than this forum about yearly consumption. Once it's up to temperature I assume the burner modulates and the gas flow drops, but how much depends on a few things. Worst case would be what I said earlier.
I would think the peak figure is more important to the gas company, to size the kit right. You can always revise the consumption figure after using it a while, if it gives you a better tariff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back