GT1 application

Sponsored Links
Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. FFS. Illiterate fool.
Your arrogance is breathtaking. Even when you're clearly wrong your response is to ignore it and issue more abuse.
On previous threads, with various posters, not just me, your reaction is often to claim they don't know what they're talking about, with a few insults thrown in. Even when it's about something with no right or wrong answer, largely a matter of opinion. But in spite of being asked, nicely, to say what you disagree with, you refuse to comment, and go off a tangent (and issue yet more abuse). At least I've told you what the mistake is.
I don't suppose I'm alone in getting tired of these bully-boy tactics.

The mistake is mine. I got confused as the GT1 form says "total gas load", their email said "hourly load", and their example form said "150kWh". They have introduced the time factor which means energy and not power, or it
means average power over an hour, and again what does that mean, we ignore peaks over an hour and just give the average? And why is flow rate and pressure measured in kW ? It is all so confusing. For example in their example, "150kWh" could be a varying power from 10kW to 200kW over an hour in which case the peak is 200kW.

On the form it says kwh.

with various posters

Only a select few.

Even when it's about something with no right or wrong answer

Like your understanding of gas flow? :LOL:

I don't suppose I'm alone in getting tired of these bully-boy tactics

Probably not, but your life would be happier if you grew a pair. Anyway, I thought you were out of this? You're certainly not actually contributing anything as per usual.

Sponsored Links
Like your understanding of gas flow? :LOL:
Well, there's not going to be one definite answer to pressure loss, there are several ways to do it, and they won't give exactly the same answer. But what was your estimate? You didn't give one. As usual, you didn't say anything anybody could comment on, just your trademark abuse.
You're certainly not actually contributing anything as per usual.
Pointing out your mistake wasn't contributing then? Of course you prefer to ignore that.
Probably not, but your life would be happier if you grew a pair.
I guess mine are as big as yours. At least I'm man enough to admit it if I get something wrong.
I thought you were out of this?
OK you clearly suffer from last-worditis. You can have it, I doubt it will be constructive.

What bernardgreen was getting at I think (bernard, correct me if I'm wrong) is that 60kWh is a measure of energy, not power.

So if Dan wrote “60kW” you wouldn’t be acting like a petulant child ?

Last edited:
So if Dan wrote “60kw” you wouldn’t be acting like a petulant child ?
So you think the grown-up approach is to make no mention of the mistake, let alone acknowledge it? Most would just say yes OK, and that would be the end of it. But he changes the subject and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about, though he has no more knowledge about my competence than I do about his. Apart from power and energy units, where I know more than he does. With the usual name-calling thrown in. If that isn't kindergarten stuff I don't know what is. Oh and it's kW, not kw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back