Pebble tiles on shower - HELP?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could you please tell me if any of you ever had these pebble tiles on shower floor and walls?How should they be assembled? Are they water resistant or something? :?:

Sponsored Links
Pebbles typically come in sheets, similar to mosaics on a mesh backing sheet. They can be fixed to wall or floor. However, they are not DIY friendly - far from it.
Even installed they are potentially open to various difficulties - not least, draining and cleaning.

I find another problem in that they often source from Asia, and are taken from the natural environment - often illegally - resulting in horrific damage.
And once they are gone its for good.

That is to bad!
They look really great and also I have seen them in fountains not only showers. However I can find nobody who knows how to assemble it :cry:

The ones I have picked up are from Indonesia.
otoczaki-w-lazience.jpg

I found this Indonesian Manufacturer http://www.lux4home.com/pebble-mosaics/pebble-tiles-white-timor/. it is somehow difficult to belief to me that they might work illegally - from what I see they sell all over the world.

Is there anybody here who has something like this installed either on wall or floor?

[/img][/url]

Sponsored Links
it is somehow difficult to belief to me that they might work illegally - from what I see they sell all over the world.

A thing doesn't need to be illegal to be environmentally damaging. You have to remember who makes the laws.

Even when laws are in place they are often easy to circumvent. There are plenty of standards for the sourcing of timber, but there will still be no more more orang outans by the time I die. Probably.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back