Pebbledash Sectional Concrete Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I cannot afford to remove and replace my current garage I am looking at improving its current state.

IMG_2440_zpsiiwvmwkk.jpg

As you can see it is a fairly old sectional concrete garage which is looking pretty tired. The rest of my property and my neighbours (including his new extension) is pebbledash finish.

Is it possible to achieve this over the sectional pieces? I imagine that any movement between the sections would somehow have to be catered for?

Sponsored Links
How is the flat roof of the garage drained?

Currently it just overflows on the side facing the camera.. However, intentions are to knock down the small outside toilet to the left of the photo and fit new guttering to the garage fascia board and link up to the main drainage

Your intended project will provide the guttering to stop the splashback. It might also bring further difficulties due to different flat roof heights?
Just a thought but most people are installing not removing extra WC's.
As to rendering the sectional garage: as far as I know I've never seen it done, and I wouldn't attempt it myself. But I'm sure that others have different views.
Like you suggested, movement would possibly be a difficulty, and cracking could ruin the job.
Perhaps clean off and paint with masonry paint is the best result you might get?

Sponsored Links
Just power wash everything and give it all a lick of paint. You could batten and double mesh your garage or just mesh it and make sure you use s/steel screws and washers to hold everything on and then you have a blank canvas to do what you want, But there is quite a bit of work in it to get a good finish on it and it wouldn't be cheap if the right person does it..Not a novice's job..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back