Pebbledashing - how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am repairing a pebble dashed wall where sections have become loose. Hos do get the stones back?

Sponsored Links
It will be impossible to match the old and new, so depending on the scale of the job, it may be woth considering removing all the old dashing to a natural break, i.e. a corner.
whichever way you go, you will need to remove all the blown render back to a firm base.
You will need to glue the birickwork, and apply a scratch coat base. After that, apply a top coat, and while just tacky (you will have to practice this), you flick the stone onto the topcoat. All the excess falls onto the floor, so make certain you shhet the ground below where you're working.
This can be messy, and to be honest, if not doen properly can look absolutely awful. Maybe a call to a plasterer??

Thanks RKB, I'll give it a try - its going to be painted afterwards so it may not look quites so bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back