Pedestal basin without the pedestal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pedestal basin without the pedestal - will it be okay to secure to the wall? It's a solid brick wall but will I need extra bolts or brackets?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can fix it to the ceiling if you really want :LOL:

In all seriousness though, you can fix most pedestal basins without a pedestal, so long as the pre drilled holes are of a large enough diameter. You will need a set of fischer bolts, available from any good plumbers merchant. (I think they are around a fiver from PlumbCenter)

You can of course buy just a pedestal to suit your basin, which should cost very little from any plumbers merchant.

Some basins can't be fitted without the pedestal, as they have smaller holes and prodrude outwards from the wall too much, so the weight will either crack the basin or rip the screws out the wall...

Good luck :D

If it's onto tiles, clean tiles and back of basin with meths, silicone stick it to wall and use fisher bolts to hold it until the glue sets.

Sponsored Links
If the basin was never intended to be wall hung, I wouldnt risk it. Wall hung basins have been manufactured and balanced to allow them to be wall hung.

kevplumb said:
Paul Barker said:
If it's onto tiles, clean tiles and back of basin with meths, silicone stick it to wall and use fisher bolts to hold it until the glue sets.

paul yer oss is eating next doors roses :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I thought oss manure was good for roses :evil:

Basin should have brackets to hang it on the wall as well as the bolts. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back