peeling paint why

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i have a problem with my bedroom celing in that in some patches the paint peels off. i have had a cowboy plasterer in, he did the 2 bedroom cellings, hallway,and few walls. i have allowed it to dry and painted it in a mist coat. the problem is only on one celing i noticed it when misting, when i overlapped the areas misted with areas im misting, when rollering i realesed in some areas the paint just peeled off. i finished it to the best as cud let it dry. corrected major errors to best i cud as a result of the cowboys errors i also sanded around the peeling paint feathered the edges of the ripped paint ready for a touch up of mist in thoose areas however the peeling paint senario happened again on some areas. why is this happening? the celing was sanded down by the plasterer to correct errors i then sanded certain areas so that im happy i then put a broom to the celing and brushed down then misted did i do any thing wrong??? please any advise would be great . it hasnt happened to the other areas he plastered

Sponsored Links
My guess would be damp or salt from the drying plaster,try sealing it with a primer sealer.

thanks for the info. just curious why only on one celing when hes worked on other areas? i have some damp spray would that be ok. do i need to cover the entire celing or just affected areas thanks again

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a cowboy decorator to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back