pegler spindle orings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
where can I buy the o rings for Pegler radiator valves? as they are now letting by, not sure whether Belmont or terrier, or 15mm or 1/2" they must be 30 years old. will put photo on if helps.

cheers Dave

Sponsored Links
Belmont either had red or green o-rings.
Last ones i got I blagged from the manufacturer

i had some but run out. there was someone on here that offered me some more, but the customer who needed them unfortunately died ! so i didnt need them anymore. I think it was 45yeargasman. I have seen them for sale but for about £2 each ! :eek:

there is usually 2 orings in each valve a red and green, 840001 and 840002. Ive never really worked out what the difference is other than the colour !

Belmont 'O' rings are available. Terrier, I think, just need repacking. You can get packing glands for the Terrier (850328), or do it yourself.

Belmont 'O' rings are available in green (854438, 2007 - present) or red (840002, 1994 - 2008). Red IIRC, are slightly smaller than the green.

The was a green 840001 but they were fitted to the valve on the Ark. 1980s to 1994, possibly.

Sponsored Links
there is usually 2 orings in each valve a red and green, 840001 and 840002. Ive never really worked out what the difference is other than the colour !

I always fitted just green without problem.
They always came out that carped up it was difficult to tell what the original colour was anyway.

I always thought green for one type of valve and red for another?!?

I always fitted just green without problem.
They always came out that carped up it was difficult to tell what the original colour was anyway.

I always thought green for one type of valve and red for another?!?

I don't know how they "should" be only that the last couple I did had one of each, I forget which way round. One thing is for sure they are worth repairing, if you clean them up and replace the orings they will be good for another 20yrs

The older type Belmonts have a groove in the shaft when you take the cap off,these use green O rings,the newer (1980's on) use red O rings,they dont have a groove,I keep a couple of spare innards with O rings already on so theres no panic when you take the old part out & try to get the O rings on.

I found red o rings in my valves, from a system I believe was installed in the late 1960's, but didn't have any replacements, so I used some black o rings I bought from Wickes in a small pack of various sizes, they seem to do the job, no leaks yet, but may still try and get some red o rings from Peglers.

I've got approx 70 reds and maybe 20 greens surplus to requirements.
Both have the same OD but the reds are marginally thinner.

The genuine red o rings code No 840002 from Pegler are £2.05 each! and they only sell them in bags of 10.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back