Pendant ceiling lights in roof lantern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are looking to have a new kitchen extension with lantern roof. I would also like pendant lights over a breakfast bar but not sure how these could be fitted as the breakfast bar would be directly under the lantern. I've seen a few pictures in magazines etc (example below) but I can't get a clear enough view of the lantern roof to see how they have achieved this. Any ideas? Many thanks.

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/12033123981273825/

Sponsored Links
I would suspect that the cable is run in the structure of the roof lantern as it is being put together on site (normally by the fitters who do that... who do not care about de-burring holes in metal or fitting grommets :( ) The fitting is fixed with self tapping screws into the extruded alimimumum structure which is underneath the UPVC you see.

I am not sure how this affects the manufacturers warranty of the roof lantern

I have done a couple of similar installations. You need to consult with the roof lantern people at an early stage, they know how to do it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back