Penetrating damp in porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While I'm loathe to start a new argument about damp, I wondered if anyone could offer some advice about the problem we have in our porch.

Over the past year or so we've had a major problem with penetrating damp in the porch, which was the result of a terribly done flat roof. We've now had a new roof put on, so hopefully the source of the problem has been solved, but it's left us with wet walls and floor, an awful lot of mould on the internal wall and ceiling and mushroom-type growths on the external wall.

My question really is what should we do now to get rid of it, seeing as we've taken away the source of the problem (we hope)? Any advice (but not too technical please!) would be gratefully received... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ventilate as much and as often as possible..kill the mould with a solution of bleach/water.leave until the spring ;) Zampa the decorator will be able to help with what type of finish to use when it`s all dry. No arguing, it`s the season of goodwill :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back