Porch and ky TV cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having new porch built. Came home yesterday to discover that builder had built around the cable rather than re route it above the porch. The cable now goes through mortar through two walls and it's now inevitable that it will have to be fed through the roof of the porch somehow.

I thought this was a no brainer as it would have been easy to re route the cable around the porch.

Not sure if it will be a problem when we upgrade to Sky HD but isn't this a bit daft anyway?

Your views would be appreciated.

Thanks

Longshanks

Sponsored Links
You've answered your own question there - yes it is daft. Assuming the cable both enters and exits the porch from outside then there was no reason not to reroute it. Your builder is cutting corners so I would be concerned that he may cut corners on the porch itself. Personally I would get it cut and replaced externally and the hole repaires while the builder is still there.

Sky HD will require a second cable if you want to use the recording functions. If you already have two cables to your current box then nothing will be changed, otherwise they will install a second cable or replace the current one with a dual cable. In either case they would route externally around your porch so that probably won't make any difference.

Your views would be appreciated.
Thanks

Did your drawing have a note for cable to be re-routed?
Did you instruct builder to re-route cable?
Did your builder know that you were up grading to Sky?
Did you see a Chrystal ball in builders tool bag?
If answers are no then form your own views.
Regards oldun

Do I detect the meerest hint of the establishment closing ranks here?

I thought it was a given (as the politicians say that you would route around a new porch whether it be included in drawings or not!

Thanks for the first response by the way.

Sponsored Links
These days I always assume the worst will happen if there's any chance at all of any misunderstanding about something like this, and do it meself or supervise it. Have learned the hard way about differing expectations and all that malarky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back