People who don't vote should shut up about politics

hell, dex, did you eat a full thesaurus on your holidays?

Hell dex,can lifsgasface sniff your posterior he missed you so much he is in AWE of your vocab. FFS :rolleyes:

i notice you have removed your GASAFE signature since i pointed out you couldn't even spell it correctly.

give me 1 of dex's posts over 20 of yours anyday. and what is this thing you have for monkeys??

Sponsored Links
Can't be bothered to quote (lazy I guess :LOL: )

If you "listen to all the arguments" being put forward and then decide to vote for your "best fit", then fine. I'll not argue with this.

I agree that voting for whichever party you always have is dumb.
They are not exercising their ability for selection of government..
but if you do not wish to stand yourself, and there is a party that has 10% policies you agree with compared with other parties that have 0% you agree with, you'd be better off voting for the 10% party (again, IF you choose not to stand yourself).

I think where we are diverging in opinion is quite clear with your product shopping analogy.

You used an analogy where you wouldn't buy something if you didn't like it.
While I understand that stance, that is not the senario.

This is probably a more accurate analogy.....

You are in a supermarket. There are 10 products on offer and while you wouldn't EVER pick those items yourself you are told you will have to leave with one of these ten....or you can climb to the top of the display and get a product that you do like...but it is a lot of effort.(stand yourself).

So the choice is...pick one of the 10 which you dislike the least, make the extra effort to make your own choice...or have one of the 10 allocated to you by someone else.

You are going to end up with a better product if you either pick your own product...or pick one of the 10. Which one of these options you choose I would imagine would depend on how bad the 'best' of the 10 was...or how much effort you would be willing to put it...but that little choice you had would still benefit you more than a random selection.

If you choose to go for the random selection, then you have lost the credibility to complain about things which you could have changed.

If you go for the best of the worst, you can still campaign against them on areas that you disagree, but you'd have that slight head start in making them the party for you.

Lucky for me one of the 10 products is one i would pick anyway :)

Sponsored Links
skitz - quite a clear analogy to follow, apart from the unfortunate delusional and worrying ( ;) ) twitch of a last sentence.

Where I disagree is that if each of the products contains a ingredients that will make me ill or kill me, then not buying one would be an entirely rational and justifiable stance.

However, this would not necessitate the alternative "mandate" that I should get the raw ingredients and make the article myself.

skitz - quite a clear analogy to follow, apart from the unfortunate delusional and worrying ( ;) ) twitch of a last sentence.

Where I disagree is that if each of the products contains a ingredients that will make me ill or kill me, then not buying one would be an entirely rational and justifiable stance.

However, this would not necessitate the alternative "mandate" that I should get the raw ingredients and make the article myself.

Well, if not ALL the products kill you, i'd expect you to opt one of those...or make your own if they will all kill you. Pretty much the LAST thing you would want in this situation is just to have a product allocated to you, which you will have if you don't make a choice yourself.

Pretty much the LAST thing you would want in this situation is just to have a product allocated to you, which you will have if you don't make a choice yourself.
Moving the argument along then, I live in an extremely "safe" seat constituency. My vote will not make the slightest squat diddly difference to the outcome.

Pretty much the LAST thing you would want in this situation is just to have a product allocated to you, which you will have if you don't make a choice yourself.
Moving the argument along then, I live in an extremely "safe" seat constituency. My vote will not make the slightest squat diddly difference to the outcome.

OK, I get that. My seat is pretty safe too...but I have a vote and I am going to use it. To not use it is to lose my influence on politics...and you never really KNOW until you know. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back