Party Political Broadcasts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the point in them?

So far as I can tell, people only stay on that channel if it is for the party they will be voting for anyway! They never really tell you anything, I am yet to see a broadcast by any party that made me think "If I was undecided, I would so be voting for them now!". I have noticed that if it is for a party they don't like, they usually change the channel!

What is the point in the Howard telling Tories "vote Tory". What is the point in Blair telling Labour voters "vote Labour"? What is the point in that ginger one telling voters for that funny little yellow party "waste your vote"?

Worryingly, the only PPB that I reckon could have had any affect was the BNP one! :eek:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
What is the point in them?

Same (useless, money-spilling) point as the whole of any election campaign? Preaching for their own parish (or isn't that an English expression?)

Perhaps they work on the same principle as adverts. Advertizers know perfectly well that hardly anybody takes any notice of their efforts. I'm sure I read somewhere that an advert will be doing well if as many as 5% of us actually watch it but that's enough to get one up on the opposition.

Tony Blair said on the telly this lunchtime. We definately do not intend raising the higher or the lower rates of income tax and also we will not increase the standard rate of VAT. These were his exact words I have not changed or misrepresented them in any way

As always the devil was in the detail. He could of said we will not raise income tax at all or indeed said nothing, instead it looks like they intend raising the middle rate. Again with VAT, he could of said VAT will remain unchanged or not even mentioned it at all, instead it looks like they will raise the lower rated products or stop the zero rated ones altogether, as the EU want.

Sponsored Links
A Blair-hater who watches the Labour PPB and digests every word... well isn't that typical. I come up with a theory and someone has to go and spoil it.

Bah! :lol

I reckon that Blair would instill more confidence in the electorate if he penalised people in his position for a change. I reckon the Labour manifesto should include:

1) Higher taxes on wives who resemble chihuahua dogs
2) Higher taxes on those whose sons are arrested for drunk and incapable in Leicester Square, whilst underage
3) A nation-wide ban on big puffy hair for men
4) A new rate of 100% on stamp duty for houses bought in Connaught Square, post-dated to 2004.
5) Tough prison sentences on those who are called "Tony Blair"

AdamW said:
A Blair-hater who watches the Labour PPB and digests every word... well isn't that typical. I come up with a theory and someone has to go and spoil it.

Bah! :lol

I reckon that Blair would instill more confidence in the electorate if he penalised people in his position for a change. I reckon the Labour manifesto should include:

1) Higher taxes on wives who resemble chihuahua dogs
2) Higher taxes on those whose sons are arrested for drunk and incapable in Leicester Square, whilst underage
3) A nation-wide ban on big puffy hair for men
4) A new rate of 100% on stamp duty for houses bought in Connaught Square, post-dated to 2004.
5) Tough prison sentences on those who are called "Tony Blair"

Imagine prehensile, acrobat lipped Brown and the roly poly cabin buoy, cum part P pusher, fiddling the stats on the above to show how many zillion Tony Blairs had been taxed, goaled with their offspring, lost their hair, wives and became bankrupt within months of that manifesto biting !!
:D :D :D :D

I had been a Labour supporter since I was old enough to vote,NOT any more. Labour died with John Smith as did my allegence to the party.The arrogance of Blair, Prescott and their so-called "A--e Licking" Ministers of NEW LABOUR make me sick. they soon lost touch with reality and now all revolve in a cocoon, patting each other on the back and voting themselves large payments while we have to pay out more taxes for them to waste.
I can remember Prescot saying in one of the papers that "petrol" should be £7 a gallon,we all know how how he opens his mouth before engaging his brain....could be Blairs next step to another pay rise.When they have driven us lower classes off the road the police and camera operators will be without a job.disabled and elderly will have to be towed on skate boards by charity workers.TRAFFIC WARDENS WOULD BE OUT OF WORK ???????? VOTE LABOUR. :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!:

ANY PARTY CARE TO COMMENT ON PERSICUTION RELIEF FOR DRIVERS ??

Back