Am I the only one?

Sponsored Links
Believe it or not I voted for Liberals this time because I wanted a coalition.

Same here. Thought the Tories too much of a Bullingdon Club. Labour screwed us again and I still don't know why the last government members are still allowed to walk free on the streets. Natural choice was LibDem. Knew the tories would get most seats so we would have a decent economic government but LibDems would act as a brake on them.

All these people who say 'Nobody voted for a coalition' simply don't understand that some of us are quite sophisticated voters :mrgreen: I think we got a very good result and it is the first representative government we have had in my lifetime.

Though I have to say I think Cameron came out better than his Bullingdon club upbringing might have suggested, still a politician though. As for his club buddy Johnson what a complete and utter tosser.

IMHO we need a box on the ballot slip that says 'None Of the Above'

Then people don't have an excuse. Also it might stop votes for parties who only get them because people want to 'send a message ' to the main parties. And spoiled votes are not ambigous .

People take voting for granted. THey should be ashamed when so many people played a part in getting the freedom and the right to vote.

Perhaps if you don't vote in 2 elections then you get taken off the Roll. I know that is not practical, but then our results would be a % of the poeple who were interested in voting , rather than ncluding those who can't be bothered.

Same here. Thought the Tories too much of a Bullingdon Club. Labour screwed us again and I still don't know why the last government members are still allowed to walk free on the streets. Natural choice was LibDem. Knew the tories would get most seats so we would have a decent economic government but LibDems would act as a brake on them.

All these people who say 'Nobody voted for a coalition' simply don't understand that some of us are quite sophisticated voters I think we got a very good result and it is the first representative government we have had in my lifetime.

It's wonderful how sophisticated you can be with hindsight.
Of course you must have known that the libs would team up with the tories and not labour, which came as a bit of a surprise to most.

Sponsored Links
Clegg and by extension the liberal dems are two faced.

They are not liberal, they vote on a whole number of probationary policies (whatever you think of drugs and smoking for instance, you are either liberal or not). Clegg made a direct pledge to have an EU referendum, then directly voted against it.

And their latest economic policies show how economically inept they are, "mansion taxes" are nothing but envy taxes, they won't raise any more money, but just attack "the rich". This is just after we have fiddled some tax brackets to encourage rich foreigners to settle here and spend their money.

Yellow labour.

Of course you must have known that the libs would team up with the tories and not labour, which came as a bit of a surprise to most.

Suprise?

Not even clegg was stupid enough to put gorgon brown back in the PM seat, plus to form a majority coalition they would also have needed the scots and green party.

It was clear to me that the lib dems stood for "whatever get's us in", so why be surprised that they take the option that gets their foot in the door of power.

I intentionally tend not to vote, and fully accept i have no grounds to complain about who was elected. I would dearly like a non of the above box on a ballot paper.

I don't get how a "none of the above" is any different to not voting.

If you don't like any of the candidates, why not stand yourself?

I don't get how a "none of the above" is any different to not voting.

If you don't like any of the candidates, why not stand yourself?

instead of not voting, it indicates you do not wish to vote for any of the candidates. I don't wish to stand myself.

All these people who say 'Nobody voted for a coalition' simply don't understand that some of us are quite sophisticated voters I think we got a very good result and it is the first representative government we have had in my lifetime.

It's wonderful how sophisticated you can be with hindsight.

Of course I didn't know who would team up with whom.
I just wanted the Libs to put a brake on the extreme policies of either Labour or the Tories.
It worked didn't it. ;) ;)

IMHO we need a box on the ballot slip that says 'None Of the Above'.....

And spoiled votes are not ambigous.

Well spoiling your ballot is probably the most sophisticated vote you can make. No stopping you writing 'None of the above' on your ballot though it will be counted in the same way as if you had not marked it at all

...willing to admit to being a Liberal voter and being quite happy with their performance.

The Torries are a rich kids club.

Labour are only interested in buying votes from the poor with increased benefits and fawning all over the public service voters and bolex to the economy.

UKIP are a one-trick-pony.

The Greens will never get elec

The BNP are a bunch of thugs.

How can you vote for any party BUT the Liberal Party?

So what have they done then???

Didn't fancy answering that then Joe???

They are a moderating influence on the rich boys' club - that'll do me.

Pity no-one moderated that nob Gordy Brown.

Sponsored Links
Back