Am I the only one?

Look at the results in the last local council elections. Labour made gains all over the country. A direct result of the thick electorate, thinking they'd show the government what's what.
Here in Derby, Labour regained control of the City council even though they promised to raise council tax. Their election literature didn't actually say they would increase council tax, but made mention of increasing social services and education budgets etc , through careful management of funds raised from local communities. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I just can't believe how naive the electorate are.
The local council are now bleating about the amount of money they receive from central government and are now considering "other ways" of making up (what they laughingly call) the deficit.
Yep, they'll probably announce a council tax increase for next financial year in February of around 7 or 8% (which I seriously hope gets up the backs of the electorate)

Sponsored Links
IMHO we need a box on the ballot slip that says 'None Of the Above'.....

And spoiled votes are not ambigous.

Well spoiling your ballot is probably the most sophisticated vote you can make. No stopping you writing 'None of the above' on your ballot though it will be counted in the same way as if you had not marked it at all

No. They will be counted in the same way as the votes for parties. At the moment we dont know whether a spoiled vote is by a protester or a mistake.

Sponsored Links
Nick Clegg comes out with a pathetic and grovelling apology for not keeping one of his parties main, and frankly ridiculous, election promises.
And Liberal are the only party to vote for........ha.
Fook the students anyway. Who gives a toss about them. They'll do quite alright in life.
I care more about kids that have nothing.
Same with people. Why would i vote for a party whos cheif concern is helping rich people be richer ???????????????

To not vote is pathetic. Years ago the working classes didn't have the chance to vote. Women haven't had the vote all that long. This is a hard fought for right that we have now. What would our ancestors make of the laziness and apathy toward voting ? It's the one chance you have to have your say. I don't think there is any excuse good enough for people to not vote. The reasons given earlier in this thread are certainly not good enough........just sayin

Nick Clegg comes out with a pathetic and grovelling apology for not keeping one of his parties main, and frankly ridiculous, election promises.
And Liberal are the only party to vote for........ha.
Fook the students anyway. Who gives a toss about them. They'll do quite alright in life.
I care more about kids that have nothing.
Same with people. Why would i vote for a party whos cheif concern is helping rich people be richer ???????????????

To not vote is pathetic. Years ago the working classes didn't have the chance to vote. Women haven't had the vote all that long. This is a hard fought for right that we have now. What would our ancestors make of the laziness and apathy toward voting ? It's the one chance you have to have your say. I don't think there is any excuse good enough for people to not vote. The reasons given earlier in this thread are certainly not good enough........just sayin

I guess you are an Ed Moribund supporter? Just have the guts to come out and admit it. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not I voted for Liberals this time because I wanted a coalition.

Labour had already cocked things up and I didnt trust either them or the Tories to have total control.

Can you imagine what things would be like if either of them had a free reign.

Labour would have in the same position as Greece and the Tories would have unemployent above 5 million.

All in all I think I saved the country :oops: :oops: :oops:

The reason i voted for them was to change the voting system.

I cannot understand why people vote the same party time after time or because the father did!! do these people come under the heading of lemmings or sheep?? ffs get a life! i would be so dissapointed with my children if they voted for so and so because i did!!

The reason i voted for them was to change the voting system.

I cannot understand why people vote the same party time after time or because the father did!! do these people come under the heading of lemmings or sheep?? ffs get a life! i would be so dissapointed with my children if they voted for so and so because i did!!
I cannot for the life of me understand the concept of "tactical voting" to effect a change. You might as well play a game of bagatelle and roll the ball slightly more one way that another in the hope that you change the nature of a random game :confused: Futile and entirely unpredictable.

For me, the only important thing to do when voting is to either select the party/candidate with whom you have more of a concurring view than anyone else, regardless of your perceived effect of your vote on the eventual outcome. Failing that, pick the party/candidate who you feel will do the least damage. I vary who I vote for and look at the parameters at the time, and not some historical "habit"

Well at least tactical voters bother to vote !

To not vote at all is an outright disgrace. And people, including those on here, that aren't thouroughly ashamed of themselves for not voting should be.
No vote then no complain. If you can't be bothered to walk to your polling station and cast your vote then why the hell should anyone put themselves out to represent your interests.

There it is people. Your time to influence how this country is run, and who runs it, comes around once every 4 years. Use that chance or stop bleating if things aint going your way.

Sponsored Links
Back