Performa 24 hot water running warm and cold...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton 24 that’s running warm and cold water only.

The CH works ok but when I run the hot water, the burner light ignites and then goes off after about 45 secs, the water then runs from warm to cold and this continues for however long the hot water tap/shower is on. It doesn't get hot at all. I've also noticed that the pressure has risen to about 3.5 when the hot water is turned on from a tap/shower.

Does anyone know what could be causing this please?

I read in a previous post that it may be the Boiler Diverter valve Diaphragm, does that sound likely to anyone else and would that be easy to replace if its that?

Thanks for helping out,

Andy.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the plate heat exchanger is blocked AND the expansion vessel is faulty or discharged!

See FAQ on this site for more info!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply. It sounds like a job for a Potterton engineer, if its a big job it makes me feel better for shelling out the £299 fee!

cheers,

Andy.

Try asking Chris R from this forum first.

Both straight forward jobs!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The engineer replaced the Temp Sensor, O/U Kit, Plate heat exchanger, and something else. The handwriting is hard too read so apologies for being vague. He also said there was a lot of blockage in the pipes and they could do with flushing out. It did fix the hot water problem.

Since then the boiler cuts out with flame failure and then leaks a bit. Another engineer will come back.

Thanks for all your help,

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back