Performa 28i Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I hope somebody can give me some advice as I am running out of ideas.

I have a Potterton Performa 28i that only gives warm/cold water.
I have changed the DHW plate heat exchanger along with all the bits I could get to on the diverter valve.
(both diaphragms and the main needle valve). The CH and HW out nuts are seized so could not change the whole thing.

The boiler now looks like its over heating because the how water is not flowing around the boiler. Once refilled with water the temp lights rise very quickly and the boiler flame shuts off and the water is still barely warm out of the tap.

could it be an air lock? when I drain and strip it back down there still seems to be a little pressure stored in the DHW plate heat exchanger, when I remove it.

Central heating works fine, its all in the hot water system.

Thank you for your time :)

Sponsored Links
forgot to mention that I had the system power flushed about 2 months ago and have also added some Sentinel X800 to the system in an effort to clean the DV.
I am also looking to replace the whole boiler in about 8 months when I start a house extension so just need to cobble this old thing together for a lille bit longer.

Sponsored Links
yeah central heating works ok, no overheating from the boiler and all rads get hot. It seems like the hot water part of the boiler is not circulating but the pump must be ok if its pumping the central heating??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back