Pergola fireplace hood options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’re building a pergola this summer and want to include a fireplace in the corner (see picture). The question I need help with is, for the top section here, could I use an internal hob cooker extractor (see second image example)? Or would it not be suitable? Any other thoughts are very welcome!!

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpeg
    IMG_4515.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4517.png
    IMG_4517.png
    354.3 KB · Views: 15
Sponsored Links
You can use a stainless hood, with the fan, motor and filters taken out, to funnel the smoke up a metal chimney

It will be hot so you need to keep the chimney and hot gases away from timber and trees.

You will need enough chimney height to get a thermal draw.

A set of pictures showing the location of the fireplace in relation to the garden would be helpful.

You can use a stainless hood, with the fan, motor and filters taken out, to funnel the smoke up a metal chimney

It will be hot so you need to keep the chimney and hot gases away from timber and trees.

You will need enough chimney height to get a thermal draw.
Thanks John! That was what I was hoping, in terms of removing all of the additional elements and just using it as a metal chimney.

When you say chimney height, do you mean the absolute length of the chimney itself leading out of the top of the pergola? Or do you mean the height above the fire itself? Either way.. is there a standard length/height or is it very much dependant on the project itself?

Thanks again, really appreciate your input here.

Sponsored Links
Height of the pipe. I don't know a standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back