PERIMETER LASER ALARM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m looking to upgrade my alarm system and I’m interested in arming the house whilst my family is inside. I would like something outside the windows like lasers between the two so if someone try to break in the alarms would go off. Any recommendations on any good reliable products you could suggest?

Also if using laser beams would each end require a wire?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Lasers, unless James Bond 007 is going to break in they will not be necessary.

Oddjob with his hat would be great.

Sponsored Links
Also if using laser beams would each end require a wire?

Some beam systems have the source and detector at one end and a passive reflector at the other end. The passive reflector does not need a cable to it.

The source is sends polarised infra-red to the reflector, the reflector changes the direction of polarisation and the receiver only responds to the changed changed polarisation. This ensure that infra-red reflected from a person is ignored an d beam break detected.

These reflecting systems are not as secure / reliable as a system with source at one end and receiver at the far end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back