Perm removal of a bedroom radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a rad in the bedroom that I havn't used for over 3years and want it removed perm as i'll never use it again. I've just had a plumber in to take the radiator off and when I said permanently he said it was against regulations and wont do it.

My question is what are these regulations and can I get round them or is he having me on?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its your house. You can take all the rads off permanently if you want to.

he is a conman and wants to make a quick buck by simply removing the rad rather than draining the system to blank off the pipes properly, as long as the valves are capped it will be ok but unsightly, depends on how much you paid him, phone him and tell him he is a lying idiot

Thanks for the replies, I thought it seemed odd. What's an average cost to pay a plumber to perm remove a rad?

Sponsored Links
Depends where you live and if you wanted the tailes removing completely.

As said above, it was a cowboy. If you want the pipes cut off under the floor, the endstops should be soldered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back