permissible drop

Sponsored Links
Bambi said:
Chris is obviously making a few bob by being a know-all
I teach/assess ACS so I have to be a know-most. Every now and again someone asks a question I can't answer, or teaches me something, and I'm all ears.

Stabilisation - 1 minute, but suppose it's still rising on a hot day? You have to wait until it stops rising! Black-painted pipes up the outside of blocks of flats, in the sun...

On Industrial, which Bambi should know about, but doesn't, the figures are in the books and can be long times indeed, and even then, not enough.

Chris WHY would the pressure still be rising if pipes outside being heated by the sun. A flat should have an internal main tap so no matter what was happening outside if it was still rising it would mean main tap within premises was passing which would not be allowed . AND can you put a link to this still rising after a minute on domestic reg

Bamber i love over-confident people, you always fall on your face as you think you know it all.
Your examiner will pick up on this straight away as you will be full of BS and then will give you the grilling you deserve before failing you .

You seem to be a very obnoxious person and give genuine plumbers and gas fitters a bad name.

No doubt you flout health and safety at the site your on, so i doubt you will be posting on here for long fella.

Sponsored Links
Chris WHY would the pressure still be rising if pipes outside being heated by the sun. A flat should have an internal main tap so no matter what was happening outside if it was still rising it would mean main tap within premises was passing

A flat should have an internal main tap
Most don't - would only be NCS.

There is no requirement, on a CP12 for example, to test lengths of pipe between taps
You would typically do your tightness test from down at the meter and not turn any gas tap in the flat, off. SO the whole length of pipe is exposed.

Bamber i love over-confident people, you always fall on your face as you think you know it all.
Your examiner will pick up on this straight away as you will be full of BS and then will give you the grilling you deserve before failing you .
It's easier than that.
You don't aven have to talk to them much.
Just make the ignorant smart-a's write everything down.
Then they miss things out so you tear it up and suggest they do it all over again.
Then you say "I'm sorry you haven't reached the required standard, and we even let you have two attempts", and charge for a referral, which their boss will always love.

Plain ignorant isn't a problem - just let them look things up.
Smart-a who does know enough isn't a problem either. If he knows which month of which year a new reg about boilers in bedrooms came in, fine. That's not going to be our bambi though, is it.

Not the old tripe about those who cant...teach.
How do we learn if its not from those who teach,be they professional teachers or our working mentors.
In the words of Bewitched, that 90`s irish all girl group
"get a loife"

He cannot fail you, thick as a plank though you are, his only pathetic power is to ``refer``
Sure we can, though it's rare.

If we keep Referring you though, you have to pay again, and again, and again.
An assessment is just that, we don't have to tell you what you didn't know, so you can get it wrong all over again. Kerching. Not that I do it for money, it's the power.

Bambergaspipe";p="979284 said:
Sad Losers on a power trip know that I will do the obligatory 3 day refresher ( mostly presented by broken down ex- plumbers)

This 3 day refresher, you get taught owt or isit a 3 day assesment, you see i thought a refresher involved someone teaching you new things .
:idea: shut up.

[quote="ChrisR";p="979320

Sure we can, though it's rare.

No, you can`t who is ``we`` have you suddenly become the embodiment of the Gas industry? you`re on the internet sunbeam, you are no-one here. ;)

If we keep Referring you though, you have to pay again, and again, and again.
An assessment is just that, we don't have to tell you what you didn't know, so you can get it wrong all over again. Kerching. Not that I do it for money, it's the power.
[/quote]

I think that last statement says everything about you and what you stand for, so I think it is best leaving this conversation as it it is really, if that`s your attitude to your fellow engineers then you are a disgrace..

This 3 day refresher, you get taught owt or isit a 3 day assesment, you see i thought a refresher involved someone teaching you new things .
:idea: shut up.

There is nowt that you can teach Bamber, he knows everything about everything. In fact he knows so much that he has had to move to somewhere there is more space for his massive brain... Thats why he lives on another planet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back