permission for a shed!

• Thread starter Andrew Haughton
  • Start date
A

Andrew Haughton

I have been asked to get permission for a shed. I live in Edinburgh. I have a small shed against the boundary. I need a bigger one to go between house and fence. I planned to make it a lean-to to save space and cost. I was aware boundary developments require permission but not why, so I was shocked to find the project being treated like a full extension: architects drawings, fire wall, damp proof course tied into the firewall and the house dpc, a drainage system fully connected to te main drainage system. A shed that would have cost about £1500 would now end up about £4 or 5K.
It seems excessive - does anyone have any experience or comments that might help? I'm thinking of just building it anyway, perhaps with a fire wall as I can see the point, but the rest of it is a nightmare.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
why not move it to the other end off the garden keep it 2m from any boundery and less than 3m high then providing there is no sleeping accomodation then it needs no planning or building regs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back