Permitted development on conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking at the planning portal it seems that to replace my wooden conservatory with a upvc one about a third bigger is allowed under PD, the question I have is do you still inform planning and get some kind of dispensation, not sure of the process. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks woody,what I'm trying to get at is that in my opinion it's permitted development but how do I go about a definitive answer, is there forms to fill in etc, can find forms on line for planning permission but nothing for pd.

You can either research or get a suitably experienced person to advise you, and be confident in that. Or apply for what is called a 'Certificate of Lawful Development' in which you tell the council what you propose, and they tell you definitively if it is permitted development or if it requires planning permission.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that makes sense, researched and am confident it's pd but all the reading I've done not seen " certificate of Lawfull Development " probably in there somewhere. Much obliged.

Somewhat confusingly (well, it confuses me), Permitted Development Rights and Certificates of Lawful Development relate to two different Acts of Parliament (GPDO 2015 and TCPA 1990 respectively), so you're not really confirming that the work falls under 'Permitted Development', but rather that it's 'Lawful' - regardless of the provisions of the GPDO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back