Permitted development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a detached bugalow that has (a badly built) single storey, flat roof extension on the back, measuring about 2 metres.

If I pull this down, taking the property back to it's original dimensions can I then build a two storey extension under permitted development, or does the fact that it's had an extension already mean I would have to apply for planning permission?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I can't see why you couldn't re-build the extension under PD, providing you have PD rights and not in a conservation area, etc...

It may be an idea to put a call into your LA to ask if demolition forms part of the PD allowance?

I'm in agreement with Damo. PD rights are expressed in terms of the relationship of the extension to the original dwellinghouse. The current extension would not be considered to be part of the the original dwellinghouse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back