pesky wallpaper seams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been doing my own wallpapering for well over 350 years and have reached a fair degree of competency in that i can make it virtually impossible to see any joins, especially when i paint over them. However, i papered my en-suite about 5 years ago and now rather than strip and re-paper i am going to emulsion over it. The problem is that some of the seams have become unstuck and as the paper is quite stiff i'm having difficulty in sticking it back down again. I've tried using a tube of border adhesive and even my mother-in law's porridge but i'm having no luck and nails are quite unsightly so can anyone out there suggest how i might accomplish this successfully?

Sponsored Links
zorro said:
i have been doing my own wallpapering for well over 350 years

Come on, aren't you stretching the truth just a little bit ;)

lift it with the blade of a filling nife then dip the knife into paste and run it behind..or do what most of us painters do..pull it back, slap some emulsion behind it..then push it back down flat! :evil:

Sponsored Links
LOL, I do that trick with PVA, or if havent any available, I squeeze some of the decorators filler into a small dish or container, add a little water, swirl it around and stick the paper back with that, and press down with a damp cloth, never fails. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back