pet insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got a heads up for the best value pet plan ?

We're about to get a little dog and I don't fancy too may huge vets bills

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
Haven't got any figures for you but would highly recommend it. Two 15 minute sessions at the vet with our mutt and we're up to £170.00 and still no diagnosis. They want to x-ray him next. Depending on the sedation used we could be looking at up to nearly £200.00. I think I might be getting some new fur slippers for Xmas.

I investigated this not so long ago and despite the fact they're not the cheapest, Petplan had the best policy with the least wriggle out clauses.

Two 15 minute sessions at the vet with our mutt and we're up to £170.00 and still no diagnosis.
Find another vet mate. Even Vets4pets dont charge that - they are a national chain (but have same computer system as Balby vets in Donny)

We are with petplan, never had any problems. Ask your vet who they recommend.

Sponsored Links
Have mine with Petplan, He,s 9 now and as a retired workin dog he and I have spent some time down the vets. If your shelling out for a pedigree then pay for insurance, toy dogs are sickly dogs :eek:

;)

Edit: and remember a dog is for life, noting time of year :eek:

Have mine with Petplan, He,s 9 now and as a retired workin dog he and I have spent some time down the vets. If your shelling out for a pedigree then pay for insurance, toy dogs are sickly dogs :eek:

;)

Edit: and remember a dog is for life, noting time of year :eek:
a

It's a'toy' size dog, not particularly my fav breed but I wasn't even consulted. WE don't pick the thing up till Jan 7th so that bit's not an issue..

However I see PP is the way to go

Cheers

Richard

DONT go with E&L they are the pits, we are looking to move our policy. Argos gets very good reviews, so they are our favourites at the moment.

Have a look at the policy excess. I have to pay the first £60 of any claim with Direct Line. The other thing to be aware of is that as soon as the vet knows your pet is insured, they can start to recommend all manner of tests/operations/expensive drugs. For example, as soon as my vet learned that my fitting dog was insured, he was undergoing an MRI scan the following day - cost the insurance the best part of a grand. To be fair though, the insurance paid up no problem.
Oh and the other thing to be aware of, is that once you have claimed for one ailment, it's written into the policy that you can't claim again for the same thing.

Oh and the other thing to be aware of, is that once you have claimed for one ailment, it's written into the policy that you can't claim again for the same thing.

Thats a real big gottcha. An friends dog had trouble with its cruciate ligament on its left hind leg. The insurance covered the op. About a year later, same trouble with the right hind leg, Insurance company wouldn't cover even though it was a different leg.

Sponsored Links
Back