Petition to scrap new £5 note

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Petition to scrap new £5 note due to use of animal fat gathers 15,000 signatures

A petition to scrap the £5 notes because they contain animal fat has gained almost 15,000 signatures so far and will be delivered to the Bank of England.

The petition says: “The new £5 notes contain animal fat in the form of tallow. This is unacceptable to millions of vegans & vegetarians in the UK. We demand that you cease to use animal products in the production of currency that we have to use.”

I tend to spend them, not eat them. Tucking morons.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, as if we don't have enough to worry about.
Fiver and chips, anyone? Only six quid.

In a similar vein, I see Eric Bristow has been reported for "hate crime" for calling a football manager, who abused young boys, a poof.

I am sure the vegans would much rather the product was fed to pigs after we carnivores had eaten the rest.

Sponsored Links
What do these people use for candles if there is a power cut?

Mohammed from Birmingham said "I was disgusted that the new fivers contained non-halal fat, I must protest as this is an infringement of my human rights".

Only joking (y)

I told Carney that there would be a revolt if the fiver was not made out of lettuce. Did he listen? Nope, and sure enough the veggies are revolting.

It's not just £5 bank notes. The same additive is used in lots of things, including plastic bags.
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/products-you-didnt-know-contain-animal-ingredients/
Why are they picking on the fiver?
Plastic bags contain slip agents derived from rapeseed oil. Tallow hasn't been used for over 10 years in the UK for this.

See also, plastic bottles, and any other plastic item that requires a control of friction.

That is a very poorly researched article.

Vegans are that in name only, pork products are found in around 200 everyday products, lipstick is just one used by millions.

I happen to know several vegans and believe me, the ones that I know spend ages doing research on products to ensure that no animal products are used.

FFS, Bank of England are going to get the supplier/printer to stop using animal fat. Left wingers rule.

Sponsored Links
Back