Petition to stop MP bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I think the Queen should get the 10,000 as well. She's having to work from home.

No, I have signed. Typically crassness. I wonder whose idea it was.

I signed HMRC rules state you can claim £6 a week for a home office, so it's already covered.

Sponsored Links
Since most of them are actually doing sod all, then they should be furloughed and paid only up to the maximum allowed to the rest of the UK population.

And should they claim that they are unable to work, then the same DWP persecution should apply to them as is forced onto the rest of the UK population.

If they had to live on the amount that is on offer, maybe they'd learn a bit about the real world.

But of course they instead get a bonus, and no doubt they will still claim the money from their second/third/fourth jobs even though they are mostly doing sod all for that as always!

I don't get it. They say they work for us yet we don't get a say on if they get a raise or not

£10'000 could go to MP's, lets send it to the NHS instead. We could put it on a big bus as a logo and ride around the country promoting it - even pumping it out repeatedly on TV sets.

Must remember to remind folk that it's not a lie this time though.(y)

My weewee was starting to boil over this however checking here it seems fake.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...mselves-extra-10000-in-expenses-idUSKCN21R2IX
me thinks the only thing independent about the "Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority" is there complete failure to grasp reality - They're forever awarding fantastic awards to their buddies the MPs.
The MPs should all be having their wages docked this year for their woefully foresight into the arrival of the Chinese virus. Thy should have been getting the country ready a month before they started.

Here's the thing.

Let's suppose the taxpayer pays for (new curtains, a sofa, six new laptops, a duck house) that the MP claims as expenses.

Who do they belong to, after the taxpayer has paid for them?

me thinks the only thing independent about the "Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority" is there complete failure to grasp reality - They're forever awarding fantastic awards to their buddies the MPs.
The MPs should all be having their wages docked this year for their woefully foresight into the arrival of the Chinese virus. Thy should have been getting the country ready a month before they started.
Agree collectively all of the winkers, they're so busy mud slingin at eachother they didn't see this coming, and that's what fcks me off about them, the government are preoccupied detecting incoming sh't the 'opposition' are preoccupied finding useless sh't to fling.
Once Boris recovers slightly that will be next, instead of researching a positive way out of this collectively, it will be Boris didn't do this or that, which will again cause another distraction from the main focus.

So given that MP's won't have the odious task of getting themselves to parliament...

Will the taxpayer be getting back their travel costs and will they not be claiming for their 'second homes' because they will of course be following the guidelines as to unnecessary travel?

I guess we all know the answer to that!

This seems like an argument that we all agree on yet we still argue with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back