Petrifried

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at someone's cooker today, on which the top oven had stopped working, I found these little fluffy bundles of vermin had played chicken with the terminals, and lost:

When I persuaded them to let go of the cables and drop out, the top oven started working again.
They didn't seem to be bridging any terminals (unless they dislodged when I pulled the cooker out) so how would they stop it working?

Sponsored Links
Could there be foul play involved? sorry!!
Were any cables damaged/chewed or they all look ok?

All the cables were undamaged, I just couldn't work out why it wasn't working.

Sponsored Links
If the oven thermostat is driven by either a thermistor or thermocouple, the control circuitry will be interested in just a few millivolts or milliamps. The conductivity of a dead rodent may have modified the control circuit characteristics enough for the oven to throw it's teddy out of the pram without the dear departed getting fried with more than those few milliamps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back