Petrol strimmer question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a McCulloch petrol strimmer which has the on/off on the shaft & a c shape handle for holding. Even using a strap sometimes I find it hard on my back with the left / right action of my body when in use.
I’ve seen a few bull horns for sale going cheap but asking about the electrical side of things. Should be straight forward to do this mod ?

Anybody done this.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The electrical side is fairly straightforward, the throttle cable may likely need a longer one so will take more effort. Some like cow horns but I find your type more nimble between obstacles .
Also consider a harness if you using a single strap.

Last edited:
A good post from litl as per (y)
I'd go for a harness first and leave the machine alone.....you may have to experiment with the karibiner position of course to get reasonable balance. I like the thing to be high up on my waist but my back still hurts!
You'd definitely need a new throttle cable and that would be awkward.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back