Bull Horns Modification

So is it best & so i only have to make this 1 cut.
Not putting the cable through the hole in the case but to the side of it,move the throttle lever on the carb fully back & pop into the inner cable.
Then cut the outer where itslocated next to the hole in the case ?

Sponsored Links
Connect the new cable to the machine with the washer idea, use a cable tie as well if necessary after getting rid of the original cable.
Then, pull the inner cable tight making sure the hand throttle trigger is off - and see how far the cable end is from the carburettor connection.
You may either need to extend the outer cable to make it work ( which is where your adjuster may come in)
Or alternately reduce the outer cable length by a small amount.
John :)

Good luck with it, a photo lets us know how you are doing!
If the outer cable needs extending, you can get adjusters that fit in the middle of the cable rather than the end.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I ordered that short cable we spoke about and put a solderless nipple on the other end.
Please can you look at these 2 supplied photos.
With the adjustment screw right up against the housing the outer casing of the cable is sloppy.
As you can see now i have the adjustment right out the sloppy part has gone and operates fine.

I wish to have the adjustment screw in to the housing as opposed out where it currently is.
So if i put the adjustment back do i then need to pull the inner and the trigger end through a little more.
I thought that this would be the answer but then i told myself i would just be operating the lever on the carb,

Now i have confused myself as to what i need to do.

Thanks

Attachments

• 5221.jpg
    5221.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 5222.jpg
    5222.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 48

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back